1. Two-level supercharging (a turbocompressor + a subpiston positive-displacement blower), which allows getting an efficient torque characteristic of promptness; under a low rotational speed additional air supply is provided by a subpiston supercharger, which makes supercharging by the backside of the engine piston according to a simple compressor cycle, under high promptness and load – the turbine. Thus turbine overpressure, which usually throws down by its by-pass valve, can to be utilized under enhanced load by a subpiston supercharger. It results in additional increase of torque and increase of the complete engine efficiency.Features:
2. A volume of a subpiston compressor is separated from the engine mechanism. It prevents the contact of lubricating oil with «crankcase» gases. Jointly with the applied non-oiled pair «the metallic bush sleeve – composite piston rings» this decision takes off problems of aging and a frequent change of oil, and of exhaust toxicity in a part of products of an oil loss (a benzpyrene) also.
3. The increased mechanical efficiency of the mechanism (0.92 instead of general 0.84) is provided by a transfer of piston skirt friction by a bush sleeve from the “hot area” with deteriorated conditions of lubrication into the mechanism, where linear slider bearings with ordinary liquid film lubrication are used. Also it results in noticeable life time increase of the cylinder-piston group.
4. The increased heat efficiency is provided by other law of piston motion. A rated fuel consumption droop on this factor is about 8%. Other conditions being equal a piston in such engine is situated longer near the top dead center. It increases the fuel part, which burns out at a constant volume.
5. Since the law of piston motion exactly fits the sine, the mechanism is getting balanced by simple mean. 1st-order inertias are getting balanced by counterbalances, adjoint to load-bearing mechanism elements. Inertias of higher orders don’t appear here.
6. The use of design decisions series allows to technical-soundly apply as a material for preparation of all case-shaped parts and some load-bearing elements aluminum alloys and composite materials. It results in to the engine mass drop to 160 kg and may be decreased up to 125-130 kg.
7. The use of the direct positive-displacement drive of the engine’s valves allows to simplify construction of the engine with separated cylinder heads, to make it more compact, and to increase construction reliability as a whole also.
8. An auxiliary drives organization from the general swing frame (helical gearings) allows to increase mechanism reliability appreciably and to lighten mounting of all its elements greatly.
9. Main technical decisions of the applied version of the engine mechanism are protected by patents of Russia, Ukraine, the USA, England and Germany.
Maximum power (at 4000 diesel revs): 110 kW;
Maximum rotations per minute of an output shaft (at 4000 diesel revs): 6300 revs;
Cubic capacity: 2.0 l;
Number of cylinders: 4;
A diameter of cylinders: 85 mm;
A piston stroke: 88 mm;
Minimum fuel rate: 165 - 170 g/kWxh;
Assigned resource: 5000 hour;
Mass: 160 kg;
Overall dimensions: 427 x 734 x 538 mm;